Nomination Packages for the 2022-2026 term of office for the District of Vanderhoof Council are available July 29, 2022 on the District of Vanderhoof website at vanderhoof.ca or at the District of Vanderhoof Municipal Office at 160 Connaught Street. Nominations are for the offices of one (1) Mayor and six (6) Councillors.
Nomination documents must be filed with the Chief Election Officer (CEO) or Deputy Chief Election Officer (DCEO) at the District of Vanderhoof Municipal Office as follows:
- In person at the Municipal Office, 160 Connaught St
- From: 9 am Tuesday, August 30, 2022 to: 4 pm Friday, September 9, 2022 – Excluding weekends/Labour Day
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: 9 am Tuesday, August 30, 2022 to: 4 pm Friday, September 9, 2022
Emailed documents will not be accepted outside of these times. The originals of emailed nomination documents must be received by the CEO by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 16, 2022 or the person nominated will be deemed to have withdrawn from being a candidate.
Nominations will NOT be accepted after 4:00 pm Friday, September 9, 2022
Candidates must be nominated in writing by two (2) persons who are qualified electors of the District of Vanderhoof.
To qualify to be nominated and elected to hold office, a person must be:
- Age 18 or older on General Voting Day (October 15);
- A Canadian citizen;
- A resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day nomination papers are filed; and
- Not disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election in British Columbia or from being nominated for, being elected to, or holding office, or be otherwise disqualified by law.
In accordance with the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, for the 2022 General Local Election, the following expense limits for candidates during the campaign period (September 17 to October 15) apply: Mayor $10,797.83 and Councillor $5,398.92.
In accordance with the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, for the 2022 general local elections, the third-party advertising limit is $809.84.
For more information on the requirements and procedures for making a nomination or to make an appointment to submit nomination papers:
- Willene Perez, Chief Election Officer, email@example.com Phone: 250-567-4711
- Ethan Fredeen, Deputy Chief Election Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 250-567-4711
For more information on campaign period expense limits and third-party advertising limits, contact Elections BC toll-free at 1-855-952-0280, via email at email@example.com or visit their website at www.elections.bc.ca/lecf.