Are you interested in working at the 2022 General Local Election on October 15?
Working as an election official is a chance to be involved and gain valuable insight into the election process. NO prior election experience is required. You will help set up the voting location, register voters, distribute ballots and help clean up the voting location when the poll closes. The shift is 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and meals are provided. Election Officials earn $400 which includes a mandatory training session on September 28 at 6:00 p.m.
To be considered to work at the election, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Attend the mandatory training session on September 28 at 6:00 p.m.
- Be available to work the full shift and remain on site at all times
- Sign a solemn declaration stating you will faithfully and impartially fulfill your duties, and that you are not personally connected with any candidate in the election.
Applications are available online and may be dropped off at the Municipal Office at 160 Connaught Street by September 9. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest and for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for a brief interview will be contacted.
Questions? Call the Chief Election Officer at 250-567-4711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org